Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beery weekend

Like I just put on someone's facebook wall, I've had a bit of a beery weekend so far. All good.

Friday night was hilarious - we (being a respectable 14 of us) were all holed up in army style tarpaulin tents held up by scaffolding at The Chorlton Beer Festival whilst outside it bucketed down. We had to share a couple of golf brollies to get to buy the beer in a church hall. There was an obligatory covers band - not great but did the job at hand and is always good to have a arms around your mate dance to Oasis (sorry Ruthie). We went on to a party at K's work mates but weren't there long before sharing a taxi ride home....bit of an anti climax really after the beer festival.

I am now the proud owner of a second hand Claud Butler bike! K bought it for me for £20! So, yesterday afternoon we went for a bike ride, just down to Cheadle Village to the bike shop and back so I could buy a helmet. I experienced road rage on this, my first outing. Some boy racer decided to beep at me and shout expletives whilst I was going around a roundabout. K started shouting at him and they both nearly came to a standstill on this busy roundabout! All fun and games. Surprisingly I wasn't really all that fazed - he was just a dick head!

Last night saw more beer at Michaela's 40th party. We had great fun fooling around with lots of circus equipment in the garden. I mastered the stilts, K mastered being a clown for all the kids! and Kol mastered spinning the plates and M juggling! They had bought a birthday keg of beer of which I had a bit and K decided to be the designated driver so just had a taster. Following birthday cake, L decided to have more fun shenanigans with the baby bells, treating them like juggling balls and then we all just descended into lunacy! Teenage M was having a whale of a time!

We've just been watching the Glasto highlights (K bought on ebay) and re-living the moments such as the amazing Killers (we were right down the front!), Arcade Fire and other stuff we didn't catch such as The Automatic and Amy Winehouse.

We're off down to the Guilty Pleasures free festival outside The Lowry with S & R now. The rain seems to have stopped (hurray!) and should be fun. I better go and rescue the golf brolly I left at K's work mates the other night on the way though; just in case!

2 comments:

fourian2000@gmail.com said...

Why no more writing?I love your blog.Please continue.cheers

glastonbury said...

Nice blog ..!