Saturday, May 19, 2007

Upsetting the apple cart

Whilst doing a bit of ironing last night (I know....its sad ironing on a Friday night but have you ever tried ironing whilst The Klaxons blast from your stereo?....you should give it a go) I mused upon comments Ben had made in an email about the final results of Kev's Fantasy Football League, originally entitled "Kevsta's League".

He said I had finished up "a bit of Chelsea there", he was West Ham - a blinding finish to the season and will be flying next season" (in his dreams), Mel he said should declare bankruptcy now! Lastly Kev he thinks would get a European place - but only from fairplay! But, at the end of the day I whooped the three of them coming a blinding second, to their positions of 14, 18 and 7 respectively! I'm so proud.

Plus in another league run by Aussie mate Brett, I came a stonking respectable FIRST POSITION! I know I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I don't care. I'm elated to have beaten so many footie nerds - I know more than I think - I've got it all to climb next season though as I've upset the apple cart.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I won Eyan's F1 Losers League last year with no knowledge whatsoever of F1. Was quite chuffed - but I think some people were a bit disgruntled...