Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hot beer twaddle

Whilst K's out in the garden cutting wood to make raised vegetable plots (yes really!) I've come inside from sun fatigue. You may think I'm a lightweight but after a couple of cans of Kronenbourg on an empty stomach I'm feeling very sleepy. We decided that we really couldn't do without beer on the drive home from the garden centre half way between Hazel Grove and Marple. Sun = beer!

K surprised me with Kings of Leon tickets about half an hour ago. We're going to see them in Blackpool tomorrow! Their new album is absolutey fab if you've not heard it. The best bass lines I've heard in ages and K and I are both wondering at what some of the effects peddles are....I think K should buy them for his new band. Apparently K's band, although as yet nameless and drummerless, has a new manager in the form of our mate, Matt which is news to me. Matt already manages a couple of signed bands. He's just toured doing the sound engineering with a well known band in Australia so has masses of expertise and experience. There's possibly an acoustic gig in Glossop on the cards so watch this space....

I'm just surfing, looking at Glastonbury band rumours. I love it every year, all the second guessing, chat sites discussing who they think should/could/is rumoured to play and all the rest. Some bands do leak out by official channels, some by their own websites. I don't really go to Glasto just for the music. Its all about the atmosphere and fringe stuff and after all it is called the Glastonbury Festival of Performance Arts. Its quite amusing all the people who get so freaked out or upset/happy by who is/isn't playing. Gives a great build up to a wonderful weekend.

Our mate, L who ended up buying and wearing a dress for the whole of Glasto 2005 wants us all to dress up this year. We are game, although don't know whether we will be proactive enough to do something about it. K fancies a boating jacket and hat and me a 20s style dress and hat but how does one find something like that? I think L researched getting some kind of Star Wars outfits or something like that but they cost a bomb! I'm not sure I'd go that far anyway.....

Go buy 'Because of the Times' by Kings of Leon.....its an album you won't regret.

Julesy xxx

No comments: