Sunday, February 25, 2007

It was gorgeous Princess E's hen day yesterday. We had a really great pampering day and I had my hands massaged, a foot spa, back rub, nail varnished toes. At one point we put on face masks on masse. Most of us had pale green/white faces but the last person to go, one of E's sisters put on this mud mask. She looked hilarious and I think someone commented she looked like an ewok!

E said to me, whilst having her feet dipped in the foot spa, that it was really strange having so many people from different aspects of her life there but I thought it was really lovely to meet them all and see some of what makes up a person in a way. Its also nice for everyone to meet up before a wedding like that as its a fitting start to the celebrations and means everyone can celebrate as a body on the big day.

After champagne, everyone trooped into taxis (E suitably dressed up) to carry on the evening but I unfortunately had to dip out at this point, although was a shame as the champers had me suitably revved and ready to go...... I'm sure those that went out won't be out of their beds yet as those bubbles are blooming lethal and make one do daft things (from experience) but I hope you all had a cracking time.

I'm dragging K off to the cinema now for a freebie preview of Freedom Writers. I signed up with a film agency 'See Film First' last week after hearing about it courtesy of the money saving expert weekly email. I guess you take the chaff along with the wheat, as far as quality of film offered is concerned, but at the end of the day I guess you can pick and choose whether you want to see what's offered, or not.

No comments: