Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bits and bobs

Jamming
K's out jamming tonight for the first time with Mike n Karl. It really felt like the good old days this morning when I helped Kev lump his bass amp down the stairs. One forgets how heavy those things are! Hopefully he'll have a good laugh tonight, as he's had a stressful old day has my gorgeous man. It nearly didn't happen as the studio Mike had booked in Stockport let them down last minute saying they had double booked but it was a case of the lovely Mr Rev C coming to the rescue with the Nexus studio.

Gigs
Fantastically, we have a busy gigging schedule at the moment and have seen/are about to see:-
1. A nu-folk night called
Reddeer Club, including one very interesting act which just comprised of one hugely long jam part of which I would describe as 'Doors'esque';
2. Mr Hudson and the Library at the Night n Day which was a stonking night. Quite different from my usual cup of tea ;
3. Fields & Bloc Party at the Academy courtesy of a guest list freebie from M - cheers mate :-)) . This was on Valentines Night and I have to admit I'm not a huge Bloc Party fan but they pulled it off and I did enjoy the show, despite technical difficulties, although I still wouldn't rush out and buy their album.
4. Kaiser Chiefs (and The Long Blondes) at the Apollo tomorrow. Can't wait!
5. Simple Kid at the Night n Day. Been a fan since that lazy Sunday afternoon lying on the ground in the acoustic tent Glasto 2005, whilst the rain poured outside. Never to be forgotten.

Glastonbury
I'm embarrassed to say that we still haven't pre-registered for Glastonbury as yet!! This is due to our blasted camera being broken but K is borrowing his work's camera so we can do our mug shots. We have until the end of the month anyway but I just want to get it out of the way so we don't forget and then when it comes to April we can't buy tickets as we have no photo ID for them to put on our ticket. Boo hoo. Seems very high tech and reaches far beyond the ideals of what Glastonbury is about but if thats what it takes to beat those blasted (sorry to use that word again) touts into the ground its a sure fire good thing as far as I am concerned.

Windows and building decisions
We had someone around to quote for 4 new windows last night. We've not heard what the damage will be as yet but I'm hoping its not sky high. He comes recommended courtesy of our new neighbours across the road. I accosted them one night when I spotted them on my way home to ask who had fitted their new windows and it turns out is was their Uncle Phil. Surely he would do a good job for us, wouldn't he?

We're leaving the kitchen windows for now, until after we ever get around to having the builders around. I can't see us being in this house beyond when K finishes his degree so we have an end post so we better get cracking really. Its just too scary and too expensive - I wish I could just go away on holiday and come back to everything having been done.

Mum and sister
Finally I have a date from them as to when they're coming to stay. Its in a few weekends' time and I'm sure K is desperately trying to find an excuse to get out of the way! I'm putting a stop to that as he is going to be our personal chef for the Friday night, only he doesn't know that yet! I'll just bribe him with the thought of American pancakes or freshly baked muffins for breakfast on the Saturday morning. They're both cleaner and tidier than me so it will mean one huge cleaning frenzie beforehand for me.

Can't think of anything else offhand to share so until next time wishing you lots of love and take care of each other.

Julesy xxx

No comments: