Sunday, July 08, 2007

LIVERPOOL

Liverpool is a much nicer place in reality than the images in my head. I discovered that on a day trip there yesterday with K. It was a last minute thing - we woke quite early and over eating scambled eggs on toast (my current fave breakie but its gotta have brown sauce!) I mooted the idea of a trip out somewhere.

We don't really know Liverpool at all and having parked up on some random backstreet we happily stumbled immediately upon what we discovered later was the nicest parts, the lanes behind Bold Street and Bold Street itself! We had only gone and parked near Cream nightclub!

We ate at a great little homely Italian cafe, The Italian Job which I would highly recommend! Manchester needs an Italian Job. But then again Manchester also needs a falafel joint, like the ace ones in New York! We did wander down to the main shopping area but didn't last there long - it just felt so souless after the quirkyness of Bold Street and felt like just any other shopping joint in the country.

I was impressed by the FACT centre - a combo of galleries, cafe, cinemas and bar but I did wonder why they weren't showing more art house movies - perhaps down to funding?

Having seen a billboard for a psychedelic rock gig that very evening we did contemplate staying on but by 5pm I was worn out from walking and really didn't think we could hang on til 9 pm so we cut our losses and headed home...maybe if Kev wasn't driving we could have hit the bars but it just wasn't to be and we came home and watched a DVD - Serenity I think it was called.

No comments: