Saturday, June 09, 2007

Since when did camping become so de rigeur? Having phoned about 15 campsites I am most shocked to find they're all fully booked!!!! I'm a bit gutted truth be told. So instead here I am tapping on my keyboard when I could be pitching a tent in the delightful countryside by now.

We hope to camp somewhere Somerset/Devon way from next Sunday before going to Glasto on the Wednesday so I think we better pull our skates on and do the horrible thing of having to be non spontaneous and book......it kinda kills it a bit but needs must.

Have had the father-in-law and his two mates B&Bing with us the past three nights for their annual jolly to the test cricket. Beats me what the attraction is of watching paint dry all day long but they seem to have funny getting merrily pissed on red wine drunk from flasks!!! The f-in-law kept me awake the first night making loud shouty noises (presumably in his sleep) but having bought ear plugs I slept soundly nights 2 and 3.

No comments: